Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Patio Dreaming

So, the first "Arctic blast" of the winter is upon us. I am wearing two long sleeved t-shirts, gloves and a sweater, while hovering over my space heater and covering my legs with a blanket.... WHILE IN MY OFFICE!! I am not sure if that is a grammatically correct sentence, but it fits!


This Tuesday has been a complete Groundhog Day for me, feeling 100 percent like yesterday, and it have me dreaming of patio time. That brings to mind the patio addition we plan to do this spring.


Our patio, as it is now, is cute, quaint, smallish. It does what is has to do and holds just the right amount of space for proper patio time.... or beer drinking.... call it what you wish. Well, my wish and vision is to extend it out to be flush with my (read: past owners) landscaping. Then I would like a brick wall in the southwest corner to block some wind so I can use my fire bowl without feeling like I am going to burn down the addition next to me. In that little brick wall, I want to leave it hollow to make it a planter. I am addicted to planting flowers!!!!


So, with this addition space will come more seating. I have found a few options for seating and trust me it is the only thing keeping me warm right now. And the sticker shock on some of them is making me very alert!




This little gem, coming in at $1,500, screams evenings reading while setting around with Circle K. Not sure that will happen, but it looks heavy enough to not blow away. A key element I will not be able to ignore!


I wish I was pulled together enough to make this work. It looks like everyone would have so much fun partying around it, I can almost smell the steaks on the grill now. I see hours of cocktails, gossip and laughter! Maybe if I buy it they will come?!?! Not sure our addition will warrant something this grandiose, but a gal can dream.



This might be just what we are looking for. Overstock.com has these, they come in twos and seems sturdy and comfortable. Good think I went to the "O" to know they carry this sort of stuff. It will be a tough decision and my buyers remorse will be in full swing. Lord only knows what I will end up with. Some folding chairs from Dollar General is my best bet!

PS- Do you think the amazing settings pulled me in?!?! I sure do!

Love ya followers! Enjoy Groundhog Day with me! KCK

No comments:

Post a Comment