Wednesday, January 5, 2011

3 in 30

I have seen some people doing these lists, like 101 in 1001. But, I know myself and I am going to start small. I am going to do 3 goals in 30 days.

GOAL #1:

Eating has become a hobby of mine. I am going to keep a food diary for the next 30 days to hold myself accountable for my health. Not to say I am in any health trouble, but I am not getting any damn younger! I hope to post from time to time so you guys can cheer me on. No wait.... it is so you guys can find a little glimpse of inspiration.

I have two full days under my belt and I have all ready tossed more fruits and veggies in my meals. It has made me notice that popcorn might not always fit into the food pyramid if you plan to have frozen pizza for dinner! Who would have thought!

GOAL #2:

Become a part of an organization by volunteering. I have a ton of free time after work and I am always tired. In the end, I go home and fall asleep. If I start to volunteer, not only will I not be able to go to bed, I think I will garner more energy and be healthier in the long run.

So, I have sent the paper work off to help with the Free to Live shelter by my house. I can walk dogs and clean and such. Or even office work when people adopt an animal. Therefore, I won't want a dog since I can mingle with them on a monthly basis. Hope they pick me! If not, I am going to make sure and donate some of my old towels and blankets along with some chew toys, like socks that lost their mate years ago!

GOAL #3:

Wave on my way to work. Every single morning for 30 days! I thought people in the south were nice, but I notice they don't wave. That is going to stop with me!!!!! They might think me nuts, but the people I see on my way to work every day are going to start waving. I am going to be that person who does the farmers wave the whole way. It is my challenge to me and you to make someones day by waving. It will, I promise you, make you happier and help them along to work!!!

Peace out cub scouts!

3 comments: