Blog from summer that never posted:)
These are a couple thing that have popped in to my head lately and I have no adults to share with. I have spoken to the kids about them, but they don't have much response besides "cows" "horses" "Babe" "eat" We are getting there!
First, I am damn funny.... in my head, about two minutes before I fall asleep. I come up with the greatest blogs, the funniest Tweets and all. But I never remember them the next day. I can barely remember to brush my teeth on most days of constant baby watch. Hey, I am the one that has to keep them alive. I am ADD and I struggle to keep my thoughts straight.
Second, I am opposed to men wearing noise canceling headphones while mowing in shorts that came from the 1972 Celtics. I type this as I watch our new neighbor prance around in this get up, pushing a lawn mower. His wife was doing it, but she chewed him up one side and down the other. I mean, what man doesn't let his wife take that job while he sets in the grass and pets his dogs? I am not cut out for suburbia. I love our house. I hate the location. I knew we could get some odd balls, but this dude takes the cake. He grills.... for his DOGS!
Third, I curse way too much, in front of God and everyone. Today, for instance, C-Dog lost a shoe in Kohl's. Once I noticed it, without owning a filter for my mouth, I ask him "Where in the hell is your shoe?" Not cool for a mom to do, pretty certain I am that person people chat about the rest of their shopping trip and HOW did he get his shoe off? I know I need to get a handle on it, but the sailor in me won't help me expand my vocabulary.
Fourth....... WHY OH WHY do I want my kids to talk?????? I thought it was a grand idea, but now I am being bossed around by midgets, second guessed by them, and they never agree with me. I get that part, because I am surrounded by people that constantly argue with me. Am I honestly the dumbest person alive or did I pick friends that argue for the sake of it. Just now, I found an article that supported a comment I made today. Of course I had to e-mail it to Chingy. I have to be right now and again people. The sky is blue, my twins aren't identical and I am not stupid.
Fifth thing is I take life for granted. I often get upset when I see mothers of one child complaining about how hard it is. Yes. Kids are hard. Life is hard. But, I would love to join my friends at a water park. Can't. Just can't if they have a kid. That isn't in the cards. I would love to know that grocery shopping will end well, but I have to push one cart, pull another and entertain a host of random questions from people. But, as I set around and wonder how easy one would be I know a whole host of truths. A) I never have to be knocked up again. No way, no how. Not happening. It was perfect and easy and boring. Not going there. B) My days of buying diapers are getting slimmer and slimmer. Potty training will happen and we will sail out of a store with no diapers in our cart. C) When one baby is mad at me, the other will offer a hug. If I only had one, it wouldn't be so loving. D) I am strong enough to handle this. Sure, I want to be carefree and go on trips. I yearn for my independence and life I once had. But as I age and change, so does everyone else. It doesn't hurt. It just stings for a while.
People are weird. Obstacles are daunting and things change. But, as I set here staring at the odd neighbors, watching raindrops fall, hoping the baby monitor stays silent a few minutes longer I know I have a handle on this. I know I can get out of my funk, find the positive and make someone else's life a bit better. Be it my kids or my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment