People, it sounds interesting and fun at the start. You get this amazing ultrasound that states you have two humans growing in your body. Not one set of appendages, but two. That is eight appendages, 20 phalanges, and two hearts in your womb that you have to fret and stew over for a good 40 weeks, if you are as lucky as I was. Not your normal situation from the get go.
Then, while you are incubating twins people ask too many questions. No, I wasnt' on drugs or trying to have kids. In all reality I was the chick that never had a period, and never figured she could have her own kids. I even had a couple doctors tell me to never try to do it. Bam, welcome in Surround Sound.
Let me be honest, because that is what I do. When I found out I was knocked up with a double dose of kids I cried and beat my head in to my stearing wheel. I wasn't okay. I even went so far as to ask the nurse if one twin could eat the other and I would only have one. Total honest here people. I was shocked, appauled, freaked the F- out!!! Who isn't or wouldn't' be? The fact that you have a human growing within you is enough to send a person bat shit insane. Or so I thought.
So months went on and I proved to be the perfect incubator for children, the perfect donor dam or recip, in cow terms. I had Baby A and Baby B in my confines for 40 weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks. 40 God foresaken weeks of boredom. (Now I know to be grateful that it was the most boring 40 weeks of my life. No puking, no bedrest, no slowing down:)
But, don't ever look at a mom of multiples and say you wish you had been in her shoes. She can't find anyone to lunch with because her friends know they become a day care provider for an hour. She can't go to a pool or park because one might run away or drown. She can't find a sitter for a holiday because twins are a bit too much to handle. She knows this, you don't. She wishes she could do a certain set of things, but her life is 50 dirty diapers a day and 25 bottles.... at the start. Then it transistions to a set of polar opposite kids, attempting to make their mom a grey headed Goddess before her time. They don't listen, because she picks her battles daily, they don't play nice with others because they have a sibling that loves to rough house and they don't wear pants sometimes- that is more again because their mom has picked her battles.
I am dealing with my genetic lottery winnings. Surround Sound rocks. I love them more with each moment. However, until you have been in my spot, don't say you want to be me. I wasn't the one that had kids so close together. You might think I got "lucky" and I feel I did, but please don't judge or voice you opinions until you know how I go them. Come to find out twins run in my family...... HEAVILY. If I had known that, my ass would have been in a convent when I left home because a double dose of adorable can almost make a person run away from the greatest thing ever. A double doese of wanting the same toy will make a woman want to rip her ears off. A surround sound attack of needing raisins will almost make a normal person sign up for a tour of duty. It makes me want to smack myself and run away. (However, I don't run! LOL)
So, my thought to you is: Don't say you want twins until you want to babysit a set. Mine are for rent at any time of day. I am a stuck-at-home-mom most of the time because it isn't the most simple thing to get out. Granted it is all I know, but it isn't anything short of an act of Congress to go to a park and go home with both kids. Did it once, only once, and got stared at by a family as I had Surround Sound in headlocks to drag them to the truck. Not pretty people, but don't call DHS yet:)
Thank you again for putting up with my nonesense. Just be nice to us ovarian overachivers!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment