Well, it might have taken me 11 days to decide to put 2012 behind me, but I am. My life had too many highs and lows during the 365 days that create a full year. Going to give you some and get on with my 2013... since 13 is a favorite number of mine.
Highs: (Have to do positive first)
1- Surround Sound went from spitting up, to setting up, to walking upright. Major changes to my peripheral vision abilities, my spidey like sense of where they are and decorations in the home.
2- I quit my job- well, in the long run this is a high. I worked for a narrow minded man that I knew I couldn't trust. He took over a perfectly good company, from a very, very reputable gentleman and started making massive negative changes. "KC, your raise was implied, not promised," he said. Never mind the fact that it was in righting. "Increase your performance and I will give you one," he said. I asked how I would do that, help me help you sort of thing. "You will figure it out," he said. Nope, no sir, I don't trust you as far as I can throw you. After many talks with Chisolm, much wrestling with the fact that I am not a quitter, and many phone calls to line up other work, I told him to take a hike. Good for me.
3- We bought a new house. Doubled our size since we opted to double the size of our family in one crazy trip. Love it, love it, love it. Love the fact that our payments only went up $100/month due to the great interest rates they offered us. Couldn't have done it otherwise. I know have a home office, for days when I can sneak in a few hours of work with SS in the casa. We have a fence, for a puppy.. I mean for the kids to roam. Surround Sound has a giant play room that is about to be adorned with Pistol Pete and all things OSU! GO POKES
4- I found it within the realm of possibilities to still have a life with twins. With Chingy's sale schedule, we had a lot of daddy-less weekends. So, I took them to a couple shows, three tailgates for football, many trips to the outlet mall and visited countless friends. They sure can hang at a tailgate. Thankful they love people.
5- We hosted Thanksgiving at our new house. My mom got to see the house. We made prime rib that was to DIE FOR! Honest. Loved it. Try making some garlic, cilantro butter to pair with it. My stomach is a little jealous we don't have any here now! I was so glad to see my mom in the house that I will raise her grandkids in. I wanted nothing more than for her to see it before she took up her position in Heaven.
6- I started selling Mary Kay. There was so much of it going on my face each day that I finally decided to become a consultant. It is working great for me, with my schedule and limited budget. Love doing it. Was embarrassed at first, but over that now and on to building a client list.
7- Being a sales rep for Ranch House Designs is amazing. I was able to be the top grossing sales rep for the year and received a little bonus at the end. Nice to get a check, huh? LOL
Now let me dive into the lows. Honestly there weren't many, but they were some large ones.
In June, my mom was diagnosed with cancer. She fought, it fought back, spreading to her whole body. I ravaged her, took her away from us even before she passed. I was able to spend many days in Indiana while she fought. After a while, her brain was not like the old Terri we knew and loved. She knew that Thanksgiving was her last trip, told my dad as much and spent only a few days in a coma like state before passing away. I don't say "died" because she lives on in my brother, myself and my kids. Their dimples remind me of her every day.
After a short plane ride, given to me by an amazing woman, I was home in time to set with her as she spent her last hours with us. I am selfish. I could not have watched her in that state for any longer than we did. She knew that. She waited for me, I talked to her and we lost her on Dec. 7... wow- a little over a month ago. How has it only been a month? When did time decide to stand still? This is going to be harder than I thought. I find myself reaching for the phone to call her. If only they had coverage in Heaven.
Anyway, she is gone, I am trying my damnest to raise these two wild children as she would like, and I must find a way to make her proud. I strive for that.
I also know that letting grudges go is harder than I thought, but I am working on it.
Okay. I am posting this. If I think too much, I might get sad, down and cry. I hate crying. Makes me look like an idiot. I snivel, get the hiccups, blabber, not cool.
Thanks for reading, tell your family you love them and let go of petty things that take over your life. Toss out the people that will ruin you. DO it for me.
This was awesome. Made me cry. Your mama was a wonderful lady much like you are. Happy to have Keffer ladies in my life!
ReplyDeleteYour writing is amazing!! Straight forward with a message. We all should follow your example!
ReplyDelete