Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I used to want a reality show

I always thought, once I learned about reality TV, that my life would be perfect. I am just sassy enough to get away with swearing on TV. It worked for the Jersey Shore crew, it could have for me. Well, my, my how things have changed. We used to stay up until 6 a.m. just because. Now I toy with being in bed the second the last Surround Sound's hit the mattress..... not at 6 a.m., or God I hope not.

There were things and people that came in and out of some of my college houses that would have made for good television. Random hook-ups, finding belts in weird spots, trying to figure out who the white t-shirt belonged to and sharing toothbrushes with near and dear friends. Well, not now. Now we wrestle midgets, brush their teeth like they are gaters and pray that we can watch our DVR'ed shows before the next one comes on.

And, like most people their life has drama. Some man or woman made or some made by the beast of cancer and life. My beast is cancer. Mom is going through it, we are all dealing and friends are abound with love. Thank you for all of that. Just not something I planned on dealing with as I was buying penny beer in Stillwater, hoping to be on TV and letting everyone see how damn funny I was (AM!)

More true to life these days would be like this:
* 100's of dirty diapers. Gone are the days of worrying about only my own ass.
* Swearing under my breathe instead of outloud like a sailor
* "Stop pulling your sister's hair" is repeated daily
* "Get off your brother's head" has become a staple in my life
* Naked baby butts, instead of seeing college guys moon us
* Cooking bland food for babes to consume, unlike the pizza meals of college
* Posting parenting questions on FB instead of  asking who is going to be out and about tonight.
* Working from home and wondering how I am going to make it. Used to live on a minimum wage job and still bought new shoes. Now, momma needs to dust off her heals:(
* Planning on a Wednesday who will watch Surround Sound unlike going on a random weekend trip, with no money. Most trips now revolve around trying to make a buck
* Washing sheets... since I am sure I only did it once a year in college.
* Buying and planting flowers on a weekend so I can be away from my midgets for a second. Plants used to be were people got ill. Gross, but the truth.
* The simple aspect of sleeping in. Enough said
* Not worrying. Again, no more needs to be spewed about that.
* Quitting a job and needing to worry about someone other than myself. That was tough on me, it is working but for how long? Now I worry about that shit. Ugh. Used to not care. I would go to the beef barn and I would love it.
* Mortgage, not just rent. Breaking things= KC fixes. Not cool, not cool at all
* Finding my place in OKC. Instead of meeting people in a bar, which is where I met some of my near and dear friends, I have to join clubs like the damn Edmond Mother's of Multiples b/c I had happy eggs that went nuts and chase the sperm. Cheers.
* Being looked up to and trying not to screw it up. This is just weird. People like me, I get that. But kids look up to me. Makes me feel old, used up and blah.

That is just a short list of life changes that have made me recall my request to MTV to follow me around. I'll be damned if I am the next John and Kate plus 8.... I am going to chug a bottle of birth control to stop that from becoming reality.

Until next time.. stay beautiful... OR buy Mary Kay from me;)

No comments:

Post a Comment