Never in my life have I lied that I am reader, a nerd, a news person. You wouldn't guess it from my personality, but I like to know what is going on. More often than not I am a gossip. because until I am 100 percent up on the events.... I won't speak on them. Examples: religion, major political items and abortion. I feel I have my views, but the don't align with most American's, so I shall shut my mouth. But, I just saw this blog post shared on FaceBook. And, mind you, I had this man's face plastered all upon my walls as a kid. His show was my life. Well, minus homework and cows, but still, you smell what I am stepping in.
Here is the blog. http://kirkcameron.com/5-toxic-marriage-habits/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook.
Kirk Cameron.... I worshipped you like any now 30-something woman did. But I feel your views on marriage are jacked up. I think asking a spouse to mow the yard, even an additional reminder, isn't nagging. Nagging is a crappy word, with no concrete definition. As in, if you and I were married, would me saying "Hey those dishes need to go in the dishwasher. Make that happen." Is that nagging? I only feel nagging gets a true definition when the couple involved hasn't come to terms with what they see is their path. If a couple isn't alighned in their ways of life, be it religion, child rearing, home chores, then they need to have a talk. Don't coin that term as nagging. It makes everone, in my honest opinion, get a free pass to be a total crap head to their loved ones without taking them into the equation.
And my second thing is: Yes, you might have quoted scripture (Phil 2:14) but not all messages from married people are complaints. I feel if God put us here to do his work, he knew we would have some adjustments. Marriage and raising children is an adjustment from the first few phases in our lives. Kirk, would you judge me and say I was complaining when I said this to my hubby today. "I can't believe we can't find time to mow the yard. We have to get that done. You need to do that." Sounds like I am griping at him, but there are other factors. We sold our house, we have 2.5 year old twins and we are in a transition period. Make since?
I will find time to be selfish, Kirk. I will. I gave up a career when I had twins. I knew that was coming and it sucks. I will love, nurture and teach my kids, but I will also expect someone to help me. It makes me a better mom and a more sane one at that. I can't not ask for help. Some can. Every situation is different, but I am weak. I know that and I am okay with it. I need a selfish moment. I don't think you can put something on the Internet, with all you start studded, old school power and make a person feel bad for getting a few moments alone. Maybe I read your words wrong, but this momma wants time alone. This momma wants a day of no orders from midgets, no demands upon her time, no details for a class party. I love each of those things in my life, but you can kiss my ass if I can't have a selfish moments. Bite me.
The next part of his blog revolves around anger. Oh boy howdy. I am angry. I attempt to hide it, but I won't lie, it sometimes takes medicines. I am a bit pissed a God for needing my mommy when I thought I needed her more. Yes, I want her here, but she had a higher purpose. Kirk, am I not allowed to raise my voice when my duo is buck ass naked and ignoring me like they have no ear drums? Can I not get angry when I call my mom's phone and get nothing because it was shut off? Can I not have five minutes to be angry at my kids for sending my life so off course that I don't know myself any more? Not like I am not in love with them each second of the day, but damn man, I want to be pissy for a minute. Better out than in, as Shrek always said.
And the last point revolved around keeping score. Okay people. Meet your spouses, get to know them and give up keeping score. We are adults. Screw that. Why http://kirkcameron.com/5-toxic-marriage-habits/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook enter into marriages that require a score card is beyond me. Marry someone that let's these rules fly out the window, gives you a moment to capture yourself and loves you because they knew you before. Screw some old school teenage "heart throb" because he has more information on life than us normal people. Whatever, Kirk Cameron. I hated your blog post because I felt insecure for a moment until I saw the pictures of my family. Good luck in your life. Hope too see your show in reruns soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment