Hey Surround Sound.
I have to put this in writing. You blew me away today. We aren't those people with a schedule. So we ventured out today. You made a million friends at Sam's Club. We ate at Red Lobster, because Calin saw the lobster on the sign. You were perfect. Honestly, perfect. Hat off of Calin, because cowboy's don't eat with their hats on. Mind you, you were the first to inform a stranger he should remove his ball cap. That went over like a pregnant pole vaulter. Just let me say.... I tipped well:)
Then, off we went to Home Depot. I gave you both the choice of flowers. What did you want to plant? What ones did you like? Oh my lands, tears sprang to my eyes. You both wanted impatiences. Your grandma Terri's favorites. You don't know that, but you will. We will forever plant them to remember that crazy lady, whom left this Earth much too soon. You won't remember her. You met her multiple times. You loved her. You played and smiled with her. She had cancer. It wasn't her time to leave, because she wanted to be here to watch you grow... in person.
She is watching you. Has been since you were born. Never mind her absence. Please know she adores you and you are the most perfect babies she could ever think of. Way better than me or uncle Colty.
I hope, as you grow, I remember to tell you stories about her. It hurts me, right now, to think that she isn't here to help me raise you. But, please, please know she adored you. You both have so many features that remind me of her. I mean- you picked her favorite flowers. Maybe that is a good omen that we might get our house sold and find you land to raise you like she raised me.
You are my angels from mommy. Everyone that meets you is in love. You have a strength and personality that sucks people in. You blow me away. You played pretend at Red Lobster today. You both brought smiles to many people as you acted like the lobsters were getting you. You fell on the floor and wanted to be saved, while laughing your crazy infectious laugh. I smiled so hard my cheeks hurt. Thank you for the great day.
Remember- Grandma Terri was brave, Independant and always there for anyone she loved. If I can teach you anything, I hope they are those qualities. I know she would be sad if you didn't channel her spirit once and again.
I love you kids to pieces. Thanks for being you:)
No comments:
Post a Comment