I am sure most of you have seen this picture....
I had just strolled into a day at the Oklahoma Youth Expo. I was tired, grouchy and all around not enjoying the evening I had just encountered. One of my perfectly healthy members of Surround Sound decided that night before to have an all night dance party. Oh well, it was fun for her. I was at whits end that afternoon.
As I looked down from my perch, I saw this young girl. I snapped a simple, non-artistic shot and ran away. I wiped tears from my eyes, called a mentor I spoke to an hour before and then called my husband and apologized for my evil morning attitude.
You see, I struggle daily with finding joy in my life. Or something like that. If you are a stay at home mom and are in love with spending every minute of your day with small people, you are insane. Or that is my point of view. I struggle with self worth, what am I doing with my life. I struggle with emotions about losing my mom, missing her greatly, dealing with our past issues I know I have to leave behind and all that comes with navigating life as a mom without a mom.
My house is perfect, my kids are healthy, my husband rocks, my friends are there for me and my combination of jobs creates the perfect life for me. BUT, I can't see that most times. How in the hell can I complain about one single thing when I have no hurdles in my life?
Sure, there are things lacking, things have changed since SS came into my life, but I am doing what I know to do and doing it daily. (Even as I type this, they are in a room alone, playing with toys, reading books to each other!) I have been down in the dumps because some people are letting me down. Do they know that? I doubt it. I don't mention it- all on me. I am frustrated with needing to borrow money from my husband. Am I rushing out to find a full time job, or tightening the purse strings? Nope. All my fault.
I guess the point of this rambling is we need to get off our asses, thank the ones in our life that make it perfect and start getting the word out about kids like this young lady. There are so many stories in the news about idiots killing, why are kids leaping over hurdles making it?
Thank you to the over 5,000 people that have shared this young lady. She is about to receive all new signs and such from Ranch House Designs, my employer. They are great and are helping her out.
Just a simple shot taught me a lesson. What have you learned from it?
Smile, don't hold grudges and move on. Deal with the bad when it gets to you. Don't create it out of thin air. Just roll with life, hug people and laugh.
Wisdom from moi!
Thanks, KCK
Thanks, KC - I needed that kick in the ass from you!
ReplyDelete