Friday, February 18, 2011

A Horrible Smell

This is going to be short and sweet, but it will explain how odd I am.

I got home from happy hour last night and my nose was instantly accosted with a foul, foul smell. Circle K was just reading in the recliner, immune to the pungent aroma coming from somewhere.

In a matter of seconds, I tell him about the smell and walk around my home sniffing around like a bloodhound. I instantly jump to conclusions and decide there is a hole in my roof that let snow into the attic and it is now destroying the roof. Or, our dishwasher took a shit and it leaked into the walls, which would have to be replaced once I bought a new dishwasher. Or, it had to be a dead garbage disposal that was going to require a plumber.

The smell wasn't conquered last night and it hit me like a Mac truck when I cruised around the house this morning. Resigned to parting with money to fix our problem and too scared to look under the couch for fear of finding a dead animal, I set out to make coffee and then it hit me. Literally the smacked me upside the head and told me to simply take out the trash!!!!

(Please don't think that our home is horrible. I doubt a rat entered our home and croaked under the couch, but I was being irrational.)

TGIF. KCK

No comments:

Post a Comment