Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Whining Wednesday

(I think the picture shows how I feel today)
About time for it to be Wednesday! What a long couple of days in OKC. Coming into the office today officially cost me $188.50, or so says the nice policeman that pulled me over.

Back to my last few hours. Hit snooze too many times this a.m. and don't get a chance to see if my clothes match. Coffee pot didn't start on it's own, so I had to trudge to the kitchen and manually push the button. Who really has to actually do that?!? Out the outrage. Then, I can't find my makeup bag, which was tucked away in my car, so I have a makeup-less face when Mr. Cop pulls me over.
So, I am just going to head out the door with my breakfast and roll, or so was my plan. I try to get my smoothie I made last night, but it is frozen. I listened to dumb, dumb Circle K and tossed it in there last night, not even thinking it would be a ginormous iceberg! Smoothie be damned, I head for the door and spill coffee all over me in my car, nonetheless. UGH!!
Cruising along a new strip of road, few houses, mind on a friend that passed away and his love for metal, screaming music I encounter a nice policeman. Who, might I add, was on his way home b/c that road only leads to a house!!!!! Well, this nice man decides to not put my ticket as the true 58 in a 45 that is was. He saves me by making it a 55 in a 45. Gee thanks!
All this crap happened before 7 a.m., people. I should have stayed in bed!! But, even as I whine I can't help but here the radio in the background and think how lucky I am to still be alive. There was a fatal accident on I-35, a route I often take to work. So, it could have been me but wasn't. I am alive, safe and sound. I should stop whining now, huh? I shall formulate a short thankful list to get myself back on the right path!

(This flower makes me hopeful for a Thankful Thursday)

Today's list: (goal of 10)
1- my job that pays me so I can pay my ticket, even if the whole ordeal is rubbing me the wrong way!
2- the flowers I planted last night are so pretty
3- I am eating my leftovers from last night, which my husband cooked and packed for me, as breakfast.
4- My Wednesday edition of the paper will be home for me to read after work, all be it outdated
5- The boss is out and about, not in the office wearing me out.
6- my bangs b/c they are hiding my furrowed brows, which increases my "idiot" line
7- I got to listen to Bob and Tom this a.m. Check them out at bobandtom.com
8- Guess I should be thankful the cop didn't make my ticket so high it would have put points on my record!
9- Oh ya.... Glad I got my expired DL renewed this week or I might be in the slammer with a cross dressing transvestite rubbing my back.
10- COFFEE that didn't spill all over me or my car b/c it will keep me alive today!!

Slowing it down in OKC.
KCK


1 comment:

  1. K.C., I hope your day gets better!! At least you got all the crummy stuff out of the way early! Good luck with your list and keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete